Our body is a wonderful system and its precision in working to keep us healthy and strong is dependent on a balance of the right nutrients and the right environment.
If our daily diet is too unbalanced, or too harsh or indeed too acidic, our body will act promptly to re-establish the balance by using its own internal resources. In doing this our system might become depleted of some nutrients triggering the onset of an illness which will endure until the right nutrients are reintroduced in the body and the balance is achieved again.
A very common and simple example of this is high blood pressure caused by dehydration (there are also other causes of high blood pressure which will be addressed later). If we don’t drink a sufficient quantity of water every day the body will source it from the cells and the blood. This will in turn make our blood thicker and cause a rising of blood pressure. (http://earthlyenergies.blogspot.com/2010/09/water-wonderful-gift-from-nature.html)
The process that starts cancer seems to be similar, even though a bit more complex.
There is a particular type of cells in our body which is called “trophoblast”. About 80% of the trophoblast cells are stored in women’s ovaries and men’s testes and they play a fundamental role in the conception and pregnancy. The remaining 20% of the trophoblast cells are everywhere else in the body and they are used to start a healing process in case of an injury, trauma or illness.
In 1902, John Beard a Scottish embryologist, found that the trophoblast cells are the ones protecting the implanting foetus against the mother’s immune system and that, 9 months later when the birth is imminent, some pancreatic enzymes from the baby and the mother cause the destruction of the trophoblast cells and the consequent expulsion/birth of the new life. Trophoblast cells are also known to be multiplying faster than normal cells and to be immune-resistant.
John Beard also found that trophoblast cells are involved in the cancer process, surrounding the cancer and making it multiply and metastasize rapidly if they are not stopped at the right time by the intervention of enzymes. John Beard’s theory, also known as the Trophoblast Theory of Cancer, has been researched and studied by many other scientists and we now know that some pregnancy tests which are based on the presence of hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) can actually show the presence of cancer in men and in non pregnant women.
One of the possible causes of cancer is that an injury, or a trauma, or a high concentration of toxicity in the body triggers the formation of a cancerous tumour through the intervention of the healing trophoblast cells, but because of nutritional deficiencies our body does not have the enzymes required to finish the work of the trophoblast cells and expel the cancer. Therefore it seems that the deficiency of important nutrients in our diet weakens and often prevents the ability of our body to react to cancer and get rid of it.
A correct and balanced diet which is mainly based on plenty of fresh, raw and possibly organic fruit and vegetables, increases the amount and strength of enzymes in our body and also keeps the pH alkaline (http://earthlyenergies.blogspot.com/2011/01/link-between-ph-and-cancer-and-some.html). An alkaline level of 7.4 provides an environment in which cancer cannot grow and will not survive. Also, the presence of enzymes ensures the correct functioning of the trophoblast cells and the consequent expulsion of cancer.
A predominantly vegetarian diet, with a very scarce use of meat, is fundamental to achieve and maintain a healthy level of pH (7.4) as well as plenty of good enzymes in our body. First of all fruit and vegies are generally high in anti-oxidants which are one of the first barriers of our body against the free radicals, known to cause several diseases including cancer. Secondly many fruit and vegetables actually contain precious enzymes therefore contributing to the enzyme storage of our body. Papain for example, an enzyme present in papaya, is well known in fighting cancer. On the contrary our body needs a huge amount of enzymes to digest meat and therefore eating meat actually depletes the body of enzymes.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this article is for educational purposes only; it should not be used for diagnosis or to guide treatment without the opinion of a health professional. Any reader who is concerned about his/her health should contact a licensed medical professional.